|Back Next||Glenorchy Parish Church, Dalmally, Scotland|
5 May 1997: Another gravestone of a long-ago MacGregor warrior.
The pamphlet "Glenorchy Church and Churchyard: A Brief Tour" states: "...a group of 14th or 15th century carved stones of the 'Loch Awe School.' They are contemporary with known burial of prominant Macgregors, another local clan, and are probably their tombstones, originally in the old church and here reused. The first burial was April 19, 1390 [Johannis Gregori of Glenurqhay] and the last 1528."