|New Mexico Next||La Cueva Mill, New Mexico|
The sign reads: "This mill was built in the 1870's by Vicente Romero. In 1851 he established the La Cueva Ranch by purchasing land from several grantees of the Mora Land Grant which had been conceded by Governor Albino Perez in 1835. According to legend Vicente Romero slept in caves while tending his sheep, thus the name La Cueva. Flour was ground and electricity was generated by the mill until 1946."