Goliad Next Presidio La Bahia, Goliad, Texas  

   

1749 A.D.

PRESIDIO

LA BAHIA

DEL

EPIRITU SANTO DE ZUNIGA

First founded on Garcitas Creek near Espiritu Santo Bay in April, 1722, moved to Mission Valley, Victoria County, in 1726 and from there in 1749 moved to this , it's final location, site of the massacre of Fannin's men, Palm Sunday, March 27, 1886

Restored 1996 through the generosity of Mrs. Thomas O'Connor under the authority of Bishop M.S. Garriga & Bishop Thos. J. Drury

Raiford L. Stripling, restoration architect